This role provides leadership, guidance, direction and recommendations on all human resources issues and activities for manufacturing and/or distribution to create and foster an environment of confidence, mutual trust and respect throughout the plant to align employees to strategic Company goals and directives.
The HR Manager is responsible for all activities of employee relations, recruitment and selection, performance development, benefits administration, compensation, Safety & Health, legal compliance, counseling/coaching and the application of fair and consistent employee practices.
1. Maintain positive employee relations, providing guidance to supervisors/managers to ensure respectful, fair and consistent treatment of employees and promote employee involvement/engagement in meeting short-term and long-term Company goals.
2. Provide for staffing and development activities to include attracting, retaining and developing employees to ensure the talent, competencies and skills exist to meet current and future needs.
3. Manage compensation programs and develop compensation strategies to attract and retain necessary talent to meet corporate goals while controlling labor costs to budgeted levels—ensuring consistency and non-discrimination in application.
4. Administer company fringe benefit programs, communicating and training employees in overall options to best maximize understanding and value of these choices to employees.
5. Actively work to strengthen Company image in the local community by coordinating employee-oriented activities and advocating participation in local business and professional organizations.
Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related field
5 plus years experience in Human Resources
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong problem-solving skills
Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
Ability to multi-task and be flexible to changing conditions
Proficient user in Microsoft Office products including WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Knowledge and experience with basic EH&S activities including OSHA, Workers Compensation and EPA