When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
This position requires an outstanding Development Engineer lead to support Automation transformation within Systems & Maintenance Engineering. You will play a key role in identifying areas of improvement in Network Engineering processes, tools, collaborate with DevOps tool-chain Framework team, architect automation solutions, investigate cutting edge technologies that will help bring value and elevate Lab certification process. You will interact with network platform Subject Matter Experts, Business Architects, Operations teams, Project managers, and vendors to implement unique solutions for complex problems. And employ SAFe and DevOps techniques into the ME automation development process.
· As DevOps automation engineer you will have a key role in automating testing solutions for critical network initiatives within Wireline Maintenance Engineering organization.
· Participating in meeting with Key stakeholders and drive ME Automation with partnering organization.
· Independently leading multiple projects and develop network automation using Python and integrate scripts for a full CI/CD execution.
· Acting as subject matter expert on automation & help architect network testing solutions through code development and scripting.
· Working with SME’s from peer organization to bring resolution to open issues in a timely fashion.
· Partnering with application owners and vendors to ensure Development standards as defined by Framework teams are met.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
· Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
· Four or more years of relevant work experience.
· Development experience using Java, Python, Ruby programming language.
· Willingness to travel up to approximately 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
· Four or more years of SDLC experience including systems analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
· Experience as a subject matter automation engineer managing large/ complex programs/ projects.
· Experience with DevOps tools such as Jira/ Confluence/ Jenkins/ GIT/ ROBOT/ Selenium WebDriver.
· Experience in test architecture, automation scripting with ability to design, build, test and deploy end to end solution for complex applications on different browsers and operating systems.
· Network Security experience.
· Experience in Test data Management, Configuration Management, Data Analytics tool.
· Outstanding communication, analytical skills and ability to function in a globally diversified work environment.
· Excellent teamwork and cross-functional collaboration skills.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
Every day, we connect millions of people, companies and communities with our powerful technology. We’re using our award-winning networks to make breakthroughs in interactive entertainment, digital media, the Internet of Things and broadband services for customers. Whatever the future looks like, whatever the digital world promises, we will deliver.
10,000 employees or more