Temporary (Fixed Term)
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate and committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
Temporary staff needed for special events at Steamboat Ski & Resort. TIPS certification required and prior bar/serving experience and knowledge of banquets preferred.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
* Prepare venue per the event order, stock and set up for service; perform shift opening tasks that may include: setting tables, opening doors, set up service station
* Must be a team player by assisting in daily operations of serving, cleaning, bussing
* Ensure that we adhere to State Liquor Regulations, TIPS certified, etc. and determine when customers should not be served alcohol
* Alert manager to any inventory shortages of liquor, food and supplies based on anticipated or actual guest volume
* Bus venue and reset throughout shift, as necessary
* Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
* Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
* Prior bar/serving experience and knowledge of banquets preferred
* Serve with customers courteously and efficiently
* Knowledge of State Liquor Regulations and current alcohol training certification (TIPS) required
* Must have good communication skills and public relations
* Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s Service Excellence standards
* Must be minimum 18 years of age
* Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Push carts loaded with up to 200 lbs.
* Stand for long periods of time
* Communicate in English
* This is a hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
* Position requires working weekends and holidays as needed
*All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly pay range: $10.50 per hour + Tips
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer