Producer, PGA TOUR Radio
Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners — in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM’s subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you’ll make an impact:
Conceptualizes, develops and produces full-length audio programming centered on the game of golf. Candidate will work with other producers, hosts and production staff to generate content by brainstorming ideas, finding supporting audio, getting music for the shows, booking guests and handling a checklist of technical duties. Works collaboratively on all aspects of assigned live shows, events and specialty content. Oversees Associate Producer assigned to show and makes sure all post-production tasks are completed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with PD and Executive Producers to design overall sound and image of program(s), consistent with platform goals.
- Creates, coordinates, writes and produces original programs, productions, segments, daily promos and/or specials.
- Researches topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for Hosts.
- Develops novel and creative ways to present content.
- Participates in creative meetings to brainstorm ideas, select programming content and delegate work assignments.
- Aggressively identifies, selects and books celebrity, expert and lifestyle guests with the programming team; oversees those assisting with guest bookings.
- Researches guest backgrounds, develops interview questions and pre-interviews guests.
- Coaches Hosts, talent and guests, and provides relevant information to Hosts for on-air interviews.
- Schedules program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed.
- Develops and maintains relationships with major publicists, political figures, entertainment companies, and industry contacts who will be active in pursuing placement of guests on SiriusXM’s programs and provide show content.
- Determines the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
- Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Ensures that personnel are assigned to monitor sound equipment during air time, and that clip information, music and non-music elements have been entered into audio software.
- Establishes programming clocks with team so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
- Trains and leads the work of Associate Producers, Production Assistants, Board Operators and Interns.
- Monitors assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
- Social media promotion thru approved channel posts
- Manages the consistent flow of communication among program staff.
- Reviews completed programs and leads audio editing assignments.
- Supervises special projects.
- Reviews audience feedback and applies comments to programming.
- Works with broadcast operations staff to coordinate logistics for remote broadcasts.
- Interfaces with on-air personalities, engineering staff, marketing/advertising staff, talent and artists.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- At least 3 years experience in radio, audio or broadcast production.
- *Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Strong interest in golf.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with high profile talent/guests
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in: Microsoft Office, Galaxy, Zetta and Adobe Audition.
- Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
- Operating an audio board.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proficiency with Photoshop & video editing preferred.
- Proficiency with BroadView preferred.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.