To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Grade 55 Minimum Qualifications
100.00% – 1. Five (5) years” experience in a managerial/supervisory capacity; AND
2. Bachelor”s degree from an accredited college or university in public or business administration, human resources, or another related field; OR
3. An equivalent combination of related education and/or experience;
4. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administers one or more of the subspecialties involved in Human Resources administration; such as Administrative Services, Compensation, Employment, etc.
2. Advises department managers on proper Human Resources policies and procedures.
3. Keeps all department managers abreast of procedural and policy changes.
4. Performs management responsibilities in accordance with policies and procedures; responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, appraising performance, discipline and addressing complaints and resolving problems
5. Directs the work activities of all assigned employees in the section and is accountable for their results.
6. Determines resource needs and allocation of resources and accounts for their effective use.
7. Recommends programs goals and develop plans for the section with higher management.
8. develops timetable to insure all work activities stay on projected implementation schedules.
9. Coordinates activities with other section managers of the department in order to meet departmental goals and objectives.
10. Leads recruitment efforts, and prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
11. Champions the onboarding and exit processes, ensures the process is up to date and of high quality, provides clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision.
12. Handles confidential matters with discretion.
13. Performs related responsibilities as required or directed. KSA’s
KSAs – 1. Knowledge of modern management techniques and the ability to apply them in directing the work of others.
2. Ability to develop timetables, manpower, projections and ability to monitor and revise as needed to meet deadlines.
3. Ability to prepare budgets, financial reports, and cost analyses.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with the public; other departments in Shelby County and employees.
5. Ability to ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records.
6. Ability to oversee, refine, and execute employee standards and procedures, using and improving Human Resource”s existing and recommended systems and processes. Special Requirements
1. Must be able to function in a prison environment.
2. Must have a valid Tennessee Driver”s license or secure one by date employment date.
3. Participate in annual in-service and other training programs as required.
4. Must pass drug and TB screen. Disclaimer
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions that have a substantial relationship to potential job duties. Only convictions that are substantially related to potential job duties will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.