General Description of Position:
Perform in a lead role within Substation Engineering on proposal development including design estimating and schedule development.
Essential Functions of Position:
1. Work with substation engineering design teams and supervision to lead the development of substation design proposals and cost estimates.
2. Support the entire Substation Engineering team across the country.
3. Proposals are developed for the portfolio of our client base spanning electric utilities, large industrial clients, government agencies, Renewable developers, EPC contractors.
4. Substation proposals typically span Physical, Protection and Control, Automation and Integration, System Protection, and Civil engineering design.
5. Proposal efforts shall identify assumptions, clarifications, and risk assessments.
6. Be familiar with and incorporate TRC’s design, QA/QC, Document Controls, and Safety standards into all proposals.
7. Apply applicable industry and client standards in the development of all substation design proposals and estimates.
8. Work with internal sales and marketing teams to produce targeted and professional proposals materials.
9. Attend project team kick off meetings for proposal turnover. Attend project lessons learned meetings to contribute to and learn from execution results.
10. Establish and maintain a library of key proposals, reference projects, substation experience, and marketing materials.
11. Develop and track proposal metrics from win rates to loss trends to clearing prices by region, client, and scope.
12. Prepare proposal tracking and metric reports to Management.
13. Periodically travel to client sites and to attend TRC project team meetings.
14. Other duties as required.
Shall be a Substation Engineer with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in substation design. Position requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience at the Project Lead level and/or at estimating all aspects of substation design. Shall possess a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from an accredited engineering program. Possession of a Professional Engineering License is preferred.
Must have a strong understanding of Substation design drawings and detailed engineering and construction prints. The ability to determine design requirements from RFQ/RFP documents, including quantities, resource hours, schedule, limitations, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote