Join St. Joseph Mercy Oakland (SJMO) is a 443-bed comprehensive, community teaching hospital and member of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Long recognized as a leader in Cardiology, Critical Care, Women’s Health, Traumaand Orthopedics, SJMO has been serving and improving the health and well-being of the community for more than 85 years.
Great job for students and aspiring healthcare professionals
Flexible Scheduling available on all shifts: days, nights and weekends
Growth Opportunities – Limitless career progression opportunities in patient care and other healthcare professions
Stability – Be part of a nationwide network of leading hospitals and other healthcare providing facilities throughout metro Detroit, the state and nationwide
Multiple positions available now!
What you will do:
Provide quality patient care and excellent customer service
Assist patient care staff to achieve optimum outcomes of patient experience on all inpatient units
What you will need:
Previous patient care experience preferred
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider through the American Heart Association
1. Performs activities of daily living (ADLs) appropriate to the patient’s condition, according to unit routine under direction of the RN. This would include physical care such as bathing, turning, ambulating patients and toileting.
2. Provides basic nutritional support to patients such as tray passing, tray setup, assistance with feeding, and communication of intake to RN.
3. Demonstrates principles of Relationship-based Care to cultivate and maintain therapeutic relationship as a means to optimal healing and collegial functioning as an interdisciplinary care team member.
4. Provides observation following the guidelines as described during department specific orientation. Must ensure they are actively participating in a distraction free environment.
5. Reports patient care incidents and changes in the patient’s condition to the RN in a timely fashion.
6. Creates a neat and clean environment for optimal patient care experience.
7. To ensure safe patient care experience, incumbent must remain with patient until hand-off occurs.
8. Seeks and incorporates feedback concerning improvement in one’s own practice, including participation in self-appraisal.
9. Provides patient care that reflects respect for patient’s rights, dignity, values, culture preferences, and expressed needs and attention to providing comfort, relieving pain, and alleviating anxiety.
10. Takes personal accountability to seek out experiences in order to maintain skills and competence.
11. Performs other duties as assigned and needed. Additional duties may include non-clinical duties consistent with meeting the needs of the patient and care team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.