Our client is seeking an Implementation Engineer to join their growing Healthcare Information Technology team. One of the Largest Hospital Systems in the Mid-Atlantic is looking for an Innovative Implementation Engineer/Nursing Informaticist responsible for leading, training, and supporting the implementation of innovative technology solutions to complex healthcare problems. The Implementation Engineer will have a nice blend of a thorough understanding of the local operational and clinical workflows, as well as the novel technology being deployed, develop educational materials and training plans. Leading end-user support during implementation to bring operational and clinical experience to a high-performance Technology Innovation team. Conducting discovery sessions with stakeholders, and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to ensure the successful implementation of tailored technology solutions. That will incorporate principles of human factors and process design, and improve the quality of care.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 – 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Bring clinical operational experience to multidisciplinary Technology Innovation team: identify appropriate clinical and operational partners, decipher and translate clinical process needs to the technical teams.
2. Lead deep discovery sessions and produce associated documentation to provide innovation team with information needed to inform appropriate design for the local departments.
3. Assist with testing of technology solutions and associated integrated technology prior to release to users. Perform related testing documentation.
4. Work with both technical and local department staff and leaders to develop a training plan and related materials.
5. Train support staff from other departments to ensure adequate knowledge of the technology and basic troubleshooting for end-user support.
6. Solicit and organize feedback from end users, providing actionable feedback to the core innovation team.
7. Lead assessment of solution transformation, monitoring for and addressing challenges that arise.
8. Present analytical data insights and findings using appropriate visualization tools, enabling data-driven decision-making around technology assessment and deployment.
9. Collaborate with partner groups to develop successful transformation plans, whereby long-term solution ownership will be transferred to appropriate teams.
Education and Experience
1. Graduate degree required, or commensurate experience. At least one degree must be in a healthcare-related field or engineering (industrial engineering preferred).
2. Minimum three (3) years of experience in technology innovation – leading implementation of novel solutions to complex problems.
3. For applicants with healthcare experience: a. Minimum five (5) years of experience in a licensed, patient-facing clinical role, with minimum three (3) of those years at an academic medical center. Critical-care experience preferred. b. Experience required effectively leading organization-level implementation efforts outside of patient care role.
4. For applicants with engineering experience: a. Industrial engineering degree preferred. b. Minimum five (5) years of experience in process improvement/systems engineering, with minimum three (3) years of experience working full-time in hospital-based environments
The essential functions of this role include:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a rea
Randstad was founded in 1960 by Frits Goldschmeding. We’ve never let go of his passion or the values that he established. By staying true to those fundamentals, we’ve expanded to represent more than 90 percent of the HR services market.
We provide outsourcing, staffing, consulting and workforce solutions within the areas of engineering, accounting and finance, healthcare, human resources, IT, legal, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics, office and administration and sales and marketing. We can’t wait to tell you all about it.
Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for, and supply of, labor and HR services. We believe in the value of work as a unifying force that shapes society for the better. We live by the core values established early in our company’s history: to know, serve and trust, striving for perfection and simultaneous promotion of all interests.
10,000 employees or more