At PCC Tilton, we believe that safe air travel is essential as it ensures our family and friends return home safely each and every day. We support this mission by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use throughout the aerospace industry. Our highly skilled team members make vision a reality.
Team Tilton is proud to be PCC Structurals’ only aluminum casting facility. The products that we manufacture support over 70 platforms within commercial and military aerospace. Simply put, the PCC Tilton team has a critical part in how the world gets back to normal.
Our commitment to our employees and customers helps to ensure that missions within commercial and military aerospace are accomplished safely and successfully every day. If you are looking for an opportunity to support aerospace missions, a career at PCC Tilton may be right for you!
To analyze inspection information, work with supervisors, engineering and quality to determine whether to route castings for rework or scrap based on program standards, cost and repair feasibility; to oversee rework routing and assure the quality of products leaving the area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform work in a safe manner by following all safety rules and providing recommendations to help make PCC a safe work environment.
* Achieve team production and efficiency goals by working to meet all operational and quality standards to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Works with supervisor/engineering/quality to make decisions regarding routing of castings for scrap or route to rework for repairs; to take cost and repair feasibility into consideration; to coordinate rework decisions with supervisors and engineering.
* Evaluates rework options and determines repair methods. Coordinates repair decisions with supervisor and engineering as needed.
* Assure proper and efficient routing for rework repairs and complete necessary paperwork. Prepares paperwork for scrapping castings, with approval if required. Enters routing/analysis information in computer or manual system.
Experience and Education:
* A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred but may be substituted by manufacturing experience.
* One year of manufacturing experience preferred, previous experience in the casting industry is a plus.
* Ability to bring your best self every day to safely meet or exceed production and quality standards.
* Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help meet business and customer demands.
* Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications on Tech Cards, blueprints, and drawings.
* Working knowledge of MS Office applications and have previous computer experience.
* Ability to use precision measuring instruments, test equipment or other devices where interpretation is required.
* Ability to perform duties in manufacturing environment which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, and varying temperatures. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.