To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
$40 – $65 an hour
OG Method Based tutoring: 2 years (Required)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
UPDATE September 2022 We are currently seeking two tutors!
1) a middle through high school tutor with exceptional experience applying OG methods to writing and reading skills (morphology, syntax, paragraphs, essay) at this level, especially with the twice exceptional student
2) a second through sixth grade tutor with exceptional experience applying OG methods to writing and reading skills (spelling, syntax, paragraphs, and reading comprehension)
Remote academic interventionist for those with extensive Orton Gillingham based training – Therapeutic tutor for students who benefit from structured explicit teaching, most often dyslexia and dysgraphia. We refer clients to you, provide a business structure and process, manage the business side of things and you manage the client relationship and instruction.
The ideal applicant
➔ Enjoys weaving together multiple Orton Gillingham methods to create the most effective program for each student’s neurological needs
➔ Thirsts for knowledge regarding current best practices
Tutors do not use a curriculum program. All lessons are delivered in an explicit, structured, sequential, format using an Orton Gillingham teaching method. Tutors design a program for each students needs based upon that students needs and abilities.
With application, all applicants MUST provide:
Without these you cannot be considered.
NOTE If you aspire to run your own business, then this is not the best match for you. This job is best suited to those who enjoy managing their clients and have no inclination to procure client referrals, nor run their own business.
OPPORTUNITY Working with Pinnacle Education Services brings many benefits.
* STEADY WORK With a waitlist, tutors enjoy a consistent stream of intakes. This ensures that tutors have as many clients as they wish. Many tutors have a waiting list before their second session ends!
* ESTABLISHED BUSINESS
* Collaboration Whether it be consulting on a case or sharing lesson resources, professional collaboration is encouraged and commonplace.
* Advancement Opportunities As seniority and caseload increase, additional responsibilities and payment are available. In addition, we encourage our tutors to expand their talents and we are excited to support you in developing webinars, training, or whatever you feel called to explore. The more you stretch and grow the more compensation is available. Internal promotions are available as well. Exceptionally skilled senior tutors are promoted to master and they are asked to take on additional responsibility and pay commensurate with such.
* Management Support PES management handles payment issues and client challenges. Preserving the family tutor relationship is vital, so business related issues may be passed on to management.
* Professional Development Our practice is dedicated to helping our tutors grow and work to their highest potential. Internal professional development is led either by our founder, Sarah Fish, or by master tutors. Management is constantly exploring current research which is then used during our internal PD.
* Community Our tutors provide high quality services to our families while enjoying a collegial community of encouragement, laughter, and collaboration. Remote tutoring can feel too independent at times, and we can provide a community. A PES group zoom is more like a group of friends chatting, though more focused, than work mates. We truly enjoy one another.
The majority of our clients seek help with reading, writing, or spelling, sometimes math and/or executive function skills. Tutors MUST be experienced with a variety of learning profiles: dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, autism spectrum, ADHD, anxiety, depression, exceptional IQ and how those profiles are taught when coexisting.
PAY and SCHEDULE
Pay: $40.00 – $65.00 per hour
Our tutors are highly skilled at their profession and their pay reflects that level of ability.
Pay scale increases as tutors: become more proficient at meeting a variety of needs, independently manage clients, independently follow PES protocols, increase their client load and gain seniority. Tutors are paid monthly, per lesson delivered as a contracted worker. Pay begins after a short training. First paycheck is provided after the first full month of delivering lessons.
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 7-9am and 3-8pm, 15+client lesson hours per week, Weekends also available
Tutors set their own schedule, as contracted workers, and work as many hours as desired. Tutors must reserve 15 client contact hours per week outside of school hours (PST) Monday-Friday. These hours must fall within 8-9am and 3-8pm. As contracted workers, tutors provide their own materials: technology with exceptional webcam, hi-speed internet, preferred online tutoring subscriptions, and a quiet (distraction free) area for lessons delivery.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $40.00 – $65.00 per hour
Did you include your certificate with your resume?
Work Location: Remote
Application response rate: 59%
Hiring 2 candidates for this role