Full Job Description
Maverick Electric Vehicle Services provides Electric Vehicle (EV) Consulting Services, Engineering and Design, Construction Services, and Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) for Fleet Operators, Utilities, and System Integrators. A division of Maverick Corporation a full-service Engineering Procurement and Construction company for Electric and Telecom infrastructure in the United States and Europe
Grounded in our core values and guided by our Environmental, Social and Governance practices, we are proud of our engaging workplace with a host of competitive benefits and wellness programs. Our teams work collaboratively to deliver best-in-class solutions with a relentless focus on customer satisfaction. In pursuit of energizing a sustainable world, our people and purpose set Maverick apart.
Maverick is looking for a senior position with energy engineering and sales experience to lead the effort to develop strategy for the development of our dedicated Electric Vehicle Design Build program and successfully build project backlog. This position will serve a national market serving Federal, States, Corporate and Utility customers.
Develop strategy to build and execute on an aggressive electric vehicle pipeline comprised primarily of Investor-owned utilities, electric cooperatives and municipal utilities, Federal customers and Corporations
Develop corporate strategy to grow Maverick Electric Vehicle Division of Design Build and increase our nationwide market share as both an Engineering and Construction for EV solutions.
Identify, qualify and pursue business opportunities associated with emerging trends in Electric Vehicle market, such as Utilities EV Make Ready Programs, (EV) fleet transformation, battery to grid integration, and innovative procurement strategies.
Participate in Maverick Center of Expertise for Electric Vehicles and Energy Infrastructure in support of business and project development efforts across Maverick.
Source, manage and interact with designated market participants, through Utilities and Manufacturers
Gather and analyze project information, including utility rates and ISO services; utility data and existing building and site information for existing facilities that may host BESS; potential utility company, federal, state, and local subsidies such as rebates, grants, and other market incentives.
Understand and recommend EV manufacturers, track technology advancements with associated costs and work closely with other internal members including engineering, policy, development, and construction teams; and
Perform other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or finance
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working with and navigating Electric Utilities, Cooperatives and Municipal utility accounts
· Minimum 5 years’ experience selling into complex accounts requiring executive level engagement, setting and executing on an account strategy and navigating complex deal structures with multiple parties
· Ability and drive to build a network of prospects and strategic relationships and close complex sales offerings through a strategic and consultative sales process
· Driven with entrepreneurial and innovative mindset
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as a member of a high-performance team providing timely and progressive business solutions
· Strong analytical decision-making skills
· Demonstrated understanding of current engineering principles associated with analysis of power systems, electrical interconnection, battery energy storage systems, microgrid controls, data monitoring/reporting systems.
· Strongly prefer prior experience working directly with one or more technologies including EVSE, energy storage, smart grid, electric distribution, protection and controls systems, or renewable energy.
· Knowledge of utility sourcing
· Detail oriented with ability to work collaboratively with team members nearby and remotely, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
· Strong organization skills
· Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
· Some travel required to meet project requirements.
Maverick challenges the brightest, most talented, and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including people-oriented insurance, investment, and incentive plans.