Deer Valley Medical Center
Sunday – Tuesday 5:30am-6pm
Looking to be part of something more meaningful? At HonorHealth, you’ll be part of a team, creating a multi-dimensional care experience for our patients. You’ll have opportunities to make a difference. From our Ambassador Movement to our robust training and development programs, you can select where and how you want to make an impact.
HonorHealth offers a diverse benefits portfolio for our full-time and part-time team members designed to help you and your family live your best lives. Visit honorhealth.com/benefits to learn more.
Join us. Let’s go beyond expectations and transform healthcare together.
HonorHealth is one of Arizona’s largest nonprofit healthcare systems, serving a population of five million people in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area. The comprehensive network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group with primary, specialty and urgent care services, a cancer care network, outpatient surgery centers, clinical research, medical education, a foundation, an accountable care organization, community services and more. With nearly 14,000 team members, 3,700 affiliated providers and hundreds of volunteers dedicated to providing high quality care, HonorHealth strives to go beyond the expectations of a traditional healthcare system to improve the health and well-being of communities across Arizona. Learn more at HonorHealth.com.
Ensures patients have coverage for their hospital stay. Obtain complex financial information regarding patients from various sources, notify insurance companies and assist with obtaining insurance authorizations. Handles and tracks payments, special package plan agreements, financial assistance paperwork; assists with obtaining Medicaid applications, alternative financing and verifying coverage from other third party payers in a variety of hospital settings. Secures payment for balances on inpatient and outpatient accounts. Assist Supervisor and Lead with the monitoring of patient financial issues and audit registration regulatory forms for accuracy daily or by shift. Updates financial and demographic information in the ADT system.
- Addresses complex financial issues with patients; explains HonorHealth financial policies. Determines point of service amounts due and collects. Obtains signature on all financial documents, include package plan agreements and insurance waivers. Assists with the application process for Medicaid coverage by working with DES office or the vendor assigned to fulfill the Medicaid application. Monitors status of Medicaid applications.
- Performs daily follow up on unverified and pending accounts; ensures that all regulatory forms are completed and signed in a timely fashion. Ensures all demographic and financial information (including insurance verification and eligibility) is on account.
- Monitors authorizations for through dates and updates authorizations as needed. Notifies Case Management of patients that are likely to exhaust their Medicare days. Educates patients regarding rights, obligations and policies. Ensures account is secured or takes necessary steps to do so.
- Performs general cashiering duties as necessary including receiving and posting payments to appropriate patient accounts and/or general ledger account. Prepares receipts, daily bank deposits and batch receipts. Maintains balanced cash drawer.
- Adheres to all third party payer requirements for both government and commercial payers such as DNV requirements, EMTALA provisions, HIPAA and reimbursement criteria. Keeps management informed of all unique situations and problem accounts while identifying opportunities to improve work processes.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year related experience Required