Heat Transfer and Aerodynamics/CFD Analysis Engineer (US Citizen Only)
The Turbomachinery and Heat Exchanger Analysis and Design group within the Mechanical Systems and Components (MS&C) directorate is responsible for the design, development and analysis of Environmental Control System (ECS) turbomachinery and heat exchangers, as well as electric traction drive motors. The successful applicant will be responsible for heat transfer analysis. Responsibilities include providing technical expertise on a variety of projects and programs. You will use your expert knowledge of engineering discipline and standards, processes and tools to ensure compliance to customer and program requirements. Other responsibilities include communicating with Project engineering teams, conduction of design reviews, presentations to internal and external customers and contributing to department process improvement initiatives. Needs to be proficient with Patran Thermal or ANSYS or Star CCM+
• Design and analysis of heat transfer in practice and theory (analytical correlations and complex finite element methods) and related topics in thermodynamics, single and multi-phase flows, and energy systems
• Evaluate and determine thermal cooling capability for motors and turbomachinery
• Provide technical oversight to global engineering teams across time zones
• Provide technical guidance to junior engineers
• Requirements validation
• Project and product compliance
• Risk management
• Process Development
• Root Cause and Corrective Action
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or closely related field with emphasis in heat transfer or thermal sciences
• Minimum of 5 years of experience performing thermal analysis on turbomachinery, motors and/or other similar systems
• Proficiency in all modes of heat transfer, thermodynamics, thermal sciences, and two-phase thermophysics
• Strong working knowledge of finite element software (Patran Thermal, ANSYS, Star-CCM+) & classical hand calculation methods
The staffing solutions division of GDKN is a leading provider of end-to-end solutions in the temporary staffing space. With companies across the globe laying critical emphasis on their human resources management, demand for temporary staffing is rapidly growing because it improves focus on core/critical activities and can be adapted to the seasonal nature of business, addresses business uncertainties and the demand for rapid growth. In short, temporary staffing creates a very nimble human capital platform which allows organizations to maximize their productivity and flexibility at all times.
GDKN is one of the very few minority business enterprises in North America that has the status of Preferred vendor with world’s largest corporations in various industries including:
Having worked with a multitude of the world’s largest clients, GDKN has gained significant expertise in providing staffing solutions which are specifically targeted to meet our client’s unique needs with a highly innovative tactical and strategic approach and extensive capabilities for scalability and flexibility.
Our staffing solutions focus on every detailed aspect of a business and ensure that you have the perfect talent for your critical business needs. We keep adapting and expanding to ensure that we always surpass our client’s expectations.
Our staffing solutions division has access to an unparalleled pool of candidates from which our dedicated team rigorously screen and evaluate to ensure ideal human resources are identified for our client’s unique needs. Our dedicated team is the group of certified experts many of which have years of experience in their related field of expertise.
We do not just focus on finding the perfect talent for our clients; we allow them to focus on growing their business and achieving their goals by ensuring that we adhere to the strictest labor compliance standards.
Our activities are compliant with the laws prevailing in the countries and municipalities we do business in and our team of labor law experts ensures that your organization is compliant with all current applicable labor regulations. Labor Law Compliance Management is an important component of our business which we continue to keep as a top priority.
With over 29 years in the staffing industry, highly customizable staffing solutions, unparalleled sourcing methodology and global capabilities, we are uniquely equipped to identify the right talent for your organization. GDKN will provide your organization with the flexibility to staff up or down, depending on your business needs.
500 to 999 employees