Bowhead seeks a Training Specialist – Intermediate to provide instruction in support of the Joint Ballistic Missile Defense Training and Education Center (JBTEC), located in Colorado Springs, CO.
Essential functions will include:
• Obtain and maintain JBTEC instructor qualification and teach in discipline areas in which he or she has specific training and competence.
• Plan, organize, and teach in a manner consistent with government and JBTEC standards. Promote and direct successful student learning by preparing classrooms, and support materials and creating an atmosphere that encourages student involvement and participation. Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms with students, government personnel and fellow JBTEC personnel.
• Serve on and contribute to a variety of matrixed course development and project teams. When assigned, serve as a Course Manager and or Focused Area Manager; developing and maintaining appropriate courseware.
• Plan, lead and execute Mobile Training Team (MTT) responsibilities to locations world-wide. Participate in quarterly instructor training to include providing enrichment briefings to other instructors.
• Maintain certification and currency in all assigned training including but not limited to: cyber security and network usage, restricted area escort procedures, anti-terrorist and insider threat awareness.
• Harmoniously and effectively work with military and civilian students and personnel from all services and DOD organizations as well as other governmental agencies and appropriately cleared, designated foreign students of all ranks and positions.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated instructing experience and/or operational experience that is applicable to curriculum
• Formal training/instructor experience
• Operational use of C2BMC
• IAMD / CounterAir experience
• ISD / ADDIE structure and processes, courseware development & management
• MS Office (specifically PowerPoint)
• Modeling & Simulation Tools.
Highly Recommended Skillsets:
• C2BMC operator from a AAMDC
• Instructor certification from DOTD, AETC or NAVEDTRA
• CCMD Staff or Ops Center experience such as INDOPACOM, EUCOM, CENTCOM, NORTHCOM, STRATCOM
• Assignments in NMCC, N2C2, GOC, JOC, AOC, MOC, TOC, TAOC with IAMD duties
• Background in one of the following: Aegis SWO, CSG operations/airedale; ADA, SHORAD, SBAD, GBAD, C-RAM, CUAS; AirC2; JICO/Comm; fighter/bomber/EW/ABM
Target salary 80,000 to 100,000; commensurate with experience.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret/SCI level. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Top Secret/SCI clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
UIC Government Services (UICGS) and its Bowhead family of companies are a division of Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC), an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC). UIC is one of the largest ANC’s in Alaska, and combined with UICGS/Bowhead, we offer a wide variety of services to defense and civilian government agencies that reach across multiple disciplines, the U.S., and the world. With our excellent management team and great range of services in the areas of Information Technology, Logistics & Marine, Manufacturing & Products, Program Management and Operations, and Systems & Technology, we perform over 250 contracts worldwide with innovative business solutions in areas such as engineering, maintenance services, manufacturing, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, our 3,500+ employees of the Bowhead family of companies, UIC, UIC Government Services, UIC Government Construction, and UIC Commercial remain committed to delivering quality results to ensure our customers’ success. Headquartered in Virginia, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation consistently recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) certified small business companies for government contracting.
2,500 to 4,999 employees