The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a Development Manager for its Political Outreach and Development department. AAJ works to preserve the constitutional right to trial by jury and to make sure people have a fair chance to seek justice when they are injured by the negligence or misconduct of others—even when it means taking on the most powerful corporations.
The Development Manager is responsible for creating and supporting the implementation of fundraising plans and engagement strategies for the major donor and planned giving programs, and special projects.
Job duties include:
• Create strategic fundraising plans, foster stewardship, and manage convention-related initiatives.
• Create and manage a marketing plan for major donor campaign.
• Develop and maintain a case and verdict tracking system for prospecting.
• Plan and execute legislative fundraising and events on an as needed basis.
• Manage fundraising logistics and lists.
• Lead communications and planning with member-driven committees.
• Provide department support with database and website.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 3 or more years’ work experience in a fundraising position, preferably for a nonprofit or professional association.
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, composure, and discretion
• Ability to provide high-level customer service, respond quickly to requests, anticipate members’ needs, and maintain a positive attitude.
• Must be detail-orientated, mission-focused and the ability to work in a team.
• Project management with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet specified timelines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially Word and Excel. Prior database experience is preferred. Prior NetForum experience is strongly preferred.
• Travel required for meetings and events (approximately 20%).
*AAJ is currently working a hybrid schedule.
**The American Association for Justice (AAJ) requires all employees to show proof of vaccination, including booster vaccination. AAJ will allow for exceptions to COVID-19 vaccination and booster vaccination based on a medical exemption, disability accommodation, or religious objection; pregnant individuals may also request a deferral if they wish for the duration of the pregnancy.
Unvaccinated staff and staff who have not received the booster shot with approved exemptions or accommodations will be required to comply with weekly testing and to follow CDC guidelines for unvaccinated individuals, which may include wearing a mask at all times.
Click here to apply!