Role: IT Service Transition Manager (Outside IR35)
Contract Term: 12 months
Contracting Authority: NDA
Location: Remote / Warrington
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) is a non-departmental public body created through the Energy Act 2004.
We employ just over 200 staff and have offices in Cumbria, Caithness, Cheshire, London and Oxfordshire. We own 17 sites across England, Wales and Scotland, some dating back to the 1940s, plus the associated liabilities and assets.
We report to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS); for some aspects of our work in Scotland, we are responsible to Scottish ministers.
Our role is strategic: we establish the overall approach, allocate budgets, set targets and monitor progress.
We do not have a hands-on role in cleaning up our facilities. Instead, we deliver our mission through others, primarily 12 businesses.
We are responsible for:
· decommissioning and cleaning up these nuclear facilities
· ensuring that all waste products, both radioactive and non-radioactive, are safely managed
· implementing policy on the long-term management of nuclear waste
· developing UK-wide strategy and plans for nuclear Low Level Waste (LLW)
· scrutinising the decommissioning plans of EDF Energy, who own the operating fleet of Advanced Gas Cooled Reactor (AGR) nuclear power stations
The IT Service Transition Manager role will drive all IT Service Management aspects of solution design and transition, for changes delivered through programmes and projects. Ensuring that the solutions for new and changing IT services are secure, resilient, supportable and measurable.
Once transition has begun, the role will monitor, measure, report and communicate all implemented activities.
The role has a significant leadership and liaison element involving the coaching of teams within ISO where appropriate to deliver a sustained and improved customer experience. Transition will be measured by improvements to customer satisfaction levels across delivery, the organisation, upskilling of ISO staff and measurable service from the IT Service provider.
As an IT Service Transition Manager your main responsibilities would be:
· SME leading and governing transition activities for a portfolio of projects
· Designing the process throughout the change lifecycle, from initiation through to early life support
· Understanding the scope of the change(s) and identifying the impact to IT Services and Operations
· Planning and executing transition activities in line with the process and the agreed timescales
· Providing assurance that transition activities and outputs are fit for purpose
· Defining and agreeing IT service requirements and service acceptance criteria
· Reviewing programme and project deliverables e.g. solution designs, test and implementation plans
· Managing and tracking the status of service acceptance criteria and operational readiness
· Reporting and escalating as necessary, on the progress and quality of transition activities
· Ensuring that any operational issues and risks are documented and either mitigated or accepted
· Making a recommendation regarding the decision to deploy into production
· Participating in post-implementation reviews and lessons learned activities
· Reporting on metrics and providing management information to IT Service Management Board
· Developing relationships and working collaboratively with Business and IT stakeholders
· Monitoring the performance of IT Service Provider(s) against contracted service levels
· Supporting and interfacing with other ITIL processes
· Contributing to Continuous Service Improvement
· Providing advice and guidance to all stakeholders
· Proactively engaging with internal and external stakeholders
· Ensuring processes and interfaces are continually reviewed
· Verifying compliance with defined processes and interfaces
You’ll have relevant experience in:
· Experience of working within an IT Service Management function
· Specialist/expert capabilities in ITIL processes, specifically Service Design and Service Transition
· ITIL Practitioner certification required, ITIL Expert certification desirable
· Experience of project delivery methodologies and working as part of a project team
· Ability to understand Business drivers and impact of change over a complex IT estate
· Effective and efficient workload management
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· Highly developed influencing and negotiating skills
· Highly developed communication skills, able to present to large groups and senior stakeholders
· Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
· ITIL Practitioner certification required.
If this role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply and get in touch with one of our PSR team now.
“In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different.”
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Work Location: Remote